Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Hard to believe it’s over.

In one of my very first blog posts, the theme was continuing to pursue a goal and after completing 3 months in Australia, this is exactly what I did. Memories and friends were made and I learned a lot during my time in Sydney, but it’s hard to believe that it is over. Maybe it’s still the jet lag, but I feel like I should be in Sydney and it’s a little strange being back home. It’s hard to leave a place where you learned so much about yourself and the world, but unfortunately it was time to come home.

Coming home was bittersweet, while I missed my friends and family, I knew soon enough that I would begin to miss my Australian life. Sydney taught me so much and was an opportunity that I am so thankful to have had. I want to thank The University of Tennessee, Dr. Miller, and Dr. Swan for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. My time in Australia will always be special to me and will be an unforgettable experience, due to UTK and these incredible professors.

I already miss hanging out with apartment 508, exploring the city, and not having to spend money on gas. The time that I spent working and learning in Sydney is one that I would never change.  For any one who is considering studying abroad, do it. My time in Australia was definitely an adventure, one filled with laughter, fun, and even challenges. It was not easy at times, but that is part of the reason it was so great. From getting stuck on trains with JJ and Cal, having to climb on the roof of a train station, and to Liza and is stressing about our internship, there were definitely a few bumps in the road, but some that I will always remember.

My adventure down under was the time of my life and I am beyond grateful for every single second of it.

Cheers,

-Ryan Sellers


No comments:

Post a Comment