Saturday, April 7, 2018

A Love Letter to Australia

Have you ever been inexplicably and uncontrollably happy? I have. And I am every single day.


I'm not going to be that person who writes about how perfect life abroad is, because that just wouldn't be true. Life is life, and the ups and downs are inevitable and unavoidable. However, I can't deny that leading a completely different lifestyle, on a completely new hemisphere, has taught me more than I could ever imagine. It has taught me to look out for the little things, and to reach out and grasp the smiles and put them right in my pocket. I have begun to savour every single part of life- recognising the rainy days and dancing in the sunny ones. 
I came to Australia with a suitcase and big expectations, but I had absolutely no idea what I was really getting myself into. How was I to know that these 20 strangers joining me would become people I consider my family? That I was about to see nature and life in its purest and most honest forms? It's unbelievable that it has nearly been three months, but looking back at the beginning of this adventure feels like a lifetime ago. To see the changes and growth that has taken place within and outside of myself is absolutely indescribable. 

As I feel the pull of home, I can't imagine how I will fit back into my "old" life, but in a sense I suppose it will be my new life. I anticipate taking these memories and painting a big picture with them for a rainy day as I transition back into my Knoxville routine. 

Australia, I am endlessly grateful for you and all you have brought me. I hope I have brought you something in return.

Only time will tell where I run next.


Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment