Friday, March 9, 2018

The final countdown

It's finally here; we've officially passed the halfway mark for our adventure Down Under!

These past several weeks have been a whirlwind of classes, excursions and tons of unforgettable memories. It's hard to believe that I have been in my internship placement for two whole weeks and all of our planned excursions are finished. Sydney has been amazing, no doubt, but I can't wait to be back home (hopefully with Taco Bell and sweet tea waiting for me) in just six short weeks.

Last night, when this actually hit me, I realized that I haven't even scratched the surface of what I wanted to do in Australia since I learned I had been accepted into the program. I panicked and immediately began searching for last minute weekend trips, activities in Sydney and worried that I hadn't met the Aussie friends I assumed I would still keep in contact with and be able to show off to all my other friends while in the States.

But then, I decided to calm down and appreciate everything I have already gotten to experience here from playing with a baby wallaby to figuring out public transportation to making lifelong friends in my college. I really have accomplished so much more than I hoped, and I felt so humbled by having this opportunity and being halfway across the world. Sure, I'll still be attempting to eat at every "must" brunch spot, hit the beaches while I still can and enjoy those amazing Aussie accents, but it's true that no place is like home, and I can't wait to be there.

See you soon,
Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment