Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wings and Deep Thoughts

Isn't it weird how every human is just a small piece of this vast and vibrant planet we live on? Some people make serious impacts for the world and others go through life unnoticed. It is such an interesting concept to me that I seem to always come back to. Will you live your life unnoticed or contribute to society in amazing ways? I just want you to resonate on that for a second and genuinely think about it.

Cal, JJ, Katelyn, and I went to have wings last Wednesday together. Typical American idea, but it was one of my favorite nights in Oz. We got to talking about humans, Earth, politics, issues in America, life, modern conspiracies, space, and everything in between. Yes, we have one major thing in common - we are all Americans. But at the end of the day, it was just four people having a mature conversation about pressing issues and similar viewpoints. We were all bouncing off of each other with these elaborate ideas and thoughts while eating American style wings....need I say more.

Furthermore, it makes me so sad when people tell me they will most likely never make it to Australia or this side of the world during their lifetime. I realize it is a long flight, but it is so worth it. You only get one life people.

Shameless plug: Explore new places. Experience new cultures. Meet new people. Create new friendships. Make new memories. Live your life to the fullest.

I know I sound like a pathetic motivational speaker right now, but being just comfortable around the people I am used to is not the life I want to live. Yes, I love my family and friends back at home and miss them dearly. However, there is a unique, sudden rush when you step off a plane into a new country...having no idea what to expect except that you are immensely excited to be there. For example, when I traveled to New Zealand for my week long holiday in February we stepped off the plane without a definite plan of what we were doing the whole week. This is so unlike me. I usually have a plan for everything. I mean right now I want to pursue a career in corporate event planning if that doesn't explain it enough. One of the major things I have learned here in Australia and especially from my trip to NZ is to enjoy the unplanned parts of life. These parts of life are definitely the most memorable. If you plan out everything, then what do you have to look forward to? The answer is nothing, and let me tell you it took me awhile to figure this out. It is so true though. If we went to NZ with a full itinerary then we wouldn't have experienced having nowhere to stay the second night and having zero wifi almost all week. Furthermore, I will never be able to put into words how much I loved New Zealand. The landscape is beyond unique, the people are so nice, and the best coffee I have ever had was in Te Anau. I will be back to visit the Kiwis very soon!

I believe my subpar motivational skills can resonate for any age, but for me, I instantly think about my four precious, younger cousins. They mean the world to me, and I want them to know there's so much more out there for them to explore and do. No offense to my amazing family, but we are not exactly what you would call avid world travelers. Our family vacations are always in the States or the Western Hemisphere (which do have beautiful places and people). However, we shouldn't discriminate against the Eastern Hemisphere fam!!!!! I already know my friends and family are going to have to tell me to shut up about Australia and New Zealand once I get home.

I don't want to leave Oz at all. I want everyone to come to me (no shame in being a little selfish).
Here's to my next adventure wherever that may be! I am already excited about it.

Cheers,
Cheyenne

No comments:

Post a Comment