Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Three More

As I sit here writing this blog post there are currently three more.

Three more what? You might ask.

Three more weeks left in the place that I have called home for the past three months.  Three more weekends left in my "endless" adventure traveling as a 20 year old.  Three more times I can go to Glebe, my favorite market in all of Sydney.  Three more Fridays I can spend dancing with my friends.  Three more weeks of my internship and commute as a local.  Three more weeks until this trip becomes a unforgettable memory.

I am not trying to make this blog post sad or to make home come faster, but simply to reminisce on the past three months.  This trip to Australia has been everything I could have asked for.  It has been unexpected, exciting, hilarious, bitter sweet but mostly unforgettable.  For everything in your life there will always be an end.  But to the end of something comes a memory, one that can be beautifully engraved in your mind for a lifetime.  Looking back, to say that I have followed and completed a dream of mine at 20 years old is something most people cannot say they have done.  I have laughed harder than I ever have trying to canyon down a mountain in New Zealand.  I have sung Rocky Top at the top of my lungs in a van on the way to the Royal National Park, when I found out the Vols were SEC Champs.  I have eaten way to many Tim Tams and binge watched Married at First Sight with people I can call forever friends.  I have been a part of the amazing Ukulele song a few of us made up one late night in the apartment.  All of these things probably mean little to the people reading this now but these are the little memories I will never forget.

So what am I gonna do for these last three weeks? Live it up for as long as I can.  Travel to the Great Barrier Reef.  Celebrate Christina's 21st birthday.  Go on a wine tour.  Take a yoga class in The Grounds.  See a ballet at the Opera House.  Spend way too many nights enjoying my beautiful home.  Spend Easter with everyone cooking for our highly anticipated pot luck (wish all of us cooking good luck).  Honestly just take in these last three weeks and make them the best three.

So here's to three more, may they be the best yet.

Cheers,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment