Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A Tea Tragedy


Throughout my stay in Australia thus far, I have been having panic attacks at the grocery store. Seriously, I freeze up while grocery shopping because I am overwhelmed. I have lived with my parents all Christmas break and forgot what it was like to buy my own groceries. For some reason, I take forever to analyze what I need to purchase while I am in the store instead of writing a grocery list like a normal person. I end up last minute purchasing foods that I do not even typically eat. On day one, I went in with the mentality that I would buy nothing other than basic needs. Needs like fruits, vegetables, deli meat, bread, and eggs. Long story short, all I ended up with was a box of tea and a large bag of granola. That's it. It was an epic failure, but I was optimistic to try my chai tea the next morning. 
As soon as I pull out the tea when I wake up, I realize I did not buy regular chai tea, but an exotic flavored latte mix. I still made it despite the fact that I was upset with my mistake. As soon as I took the first sip, I decided the latte was delicious so I took it to my room to finish getting ready. I then changed clothes and rushed out the door for the day's activities ahead. I forgot about the tea completely. The moral of the story is, when I woke up this morning I caught a whiff of something that smelled terrible. All of a sudden, it hit me like a brick. I had left the latte out for several days and it had molded over. Because of terrible planning on my part, I ended up with moldy tea and a stinky room. If you are planning on studying abroad next year, you will have all of these beautiful things to see and many fun things to do, so time management is essential. Just make sure you take the time to write a grocery list so you don't end up like me.


Cheers,
Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment