Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Land of the Great Steve Irwin

    
      Ever since the tragic event in 2006 that claimed our legendary crocodile hunter, I have wanted to visit the land down under. That sounds dark, but I promise you 7-year-old Abigail was ambitious. I was going to be the next crocodile hunter, but not with crocodiles. I honestly do not know what I was aiming to do, but it was going to be huge. 
     Since then my goals have narrowed and I am going to be an actress. I know, I know what you are thinking. Do not worry, I will remember you. I'm kidding, the reason I am becoming an actress is not because it is a hobby I like to do...it is the only thing I want to do for the rest of my life. My security in this competitive profession is that I have this gut feeling. I can feel that it is going to happen, I am going to be successful. I just do not know the path in which I will travel to get there. I guess that is where faith comes into play.
     The point of this blog post is that Australia is my first step into finding myself and my way into the industry. Finding yourself is different from describing yourself. For example, if I say I am 5’7, blonde, outgoing, and most likely the life of the party; that only describes what I am instead of who I am. Who I am is a person who is looking for something meaningful and fulfilling in this life I am given. To experience crazy, indescribable things, and cherish the people around me.
     How Australia plays a crucial role in the big picture of what my life will be. Australia has and will continue to show me different perspectives of life. As an actress it is crucial to be able to see events and situations from both sides and argue for each. It is also important to keep an open mind and learn about the others around me. We have already made an Australian friend who has moved to Sydney from Melbourne. She even shared this special Kool-Aid like drink called Mr. D’s with us. It tasted like I licked a bowl full of fun-dip candy, twizzlers, airheads, cotton candy, and raw Kool-Aid mix all at once. It was heavenly.
     What I am communicating to you are my goals for, not only my time in Australia, but for my life. I am going to meet the others around me, learn from them, and listen to their stories. I’m not going to become the next crocodile hunter, but I will become a successful actress. I will be searching for who I am in more than one way and also who I want to be. I want to see the world and experience what life has to offer. The only thing I have left to say is to be sure to watch for my Oscar nomination in 2026.   

I am Abigail Jones and I approve this message. 




Feel free to follow my adventures down under on Instagram @abbsolutly





No comments:

Post a Comment