Wednesday, January 24, 2018

NEW YEAR *in search of* NEW ME

25 days into New Years and where’s the new me? 
Resolution Take:74849328

I arrived in Sydney around New Year’s Night December 31st 2018. Literally I think the stars aligned and sent me to Australia to find something about myself that I have not yet seen. Everyone knows that drafting a New Year’s resolution is tough and most likely the moment where you intentionally spend time re-evaluating your life and every moment 2017 provided for you. That post-Christmas season urges every person in the world re-evaluate themselves for the good and in some cases the bad. 2017 was full of ups and downs but it is another year for the books. This year I was able to ring in the New Year a world away in Australia so 2018 has to be full of good juju or anything else you may believe in. 
Onto the resolution part of it, as soon as 2018 sparks it was time for me to..

  1. embrace more culture, language and diversity: because that’s what inspires me.
  1. love adversity, hardship, change and differing perspectives: because that’s what shapes me.
  1. care for others more with compassion as well as keeping one’s body, mind and soul healthy: because the world needs an outpour of kindness right now more than ever.

I believe that those morals amongst others may help me develop the best version of myself as 2018 is in full swing. 
The thing that I have to constantly remind myself is the best version of yourself is on the horizon and if you are not persistent in progress it will just be part of the scenery. 

 I believe that Australia is the type of place where if you put good in you can then only get good out. 
So, 2018 the comeback is stronger than the setback let me tell ya.

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment