Sunday, January 28, 2018

Last Semester, Best Semester

January 24, 2018 
            Before setting out for the awesome country of Australia, I had never really envisioned myself studying abroad during college. I remember my freshman year of college sitting in my dorm room thinking there is no way I would have time to study abroad. I always figured the students who did stayed an extra semester because of it. These were very naïve thoughts. With that being said, studying abroad as a senior in college was my best decision. I tend to be far from an adventurous soul, live inside my comfort zone, and plan every moment of my life even more so in my younger college years. My decision to come to Sydney happened so fast that I really don’t remember realizing exactly what I was getting myself into. However, I can already say this is one of my best decisions!
I find myself saying the word “amazing” and the phrase “you would love it here” to all my friends and family back home. I’m sure they all have been getting annoyed by it as well, but Australia truly is far more than amazing. It is hard to explain, but it already feels like my home away from home. The inviting and welcoming nature of the people is something you can’t get everywhere in the world. I think it is safe to say I chose a great country to study abroad in.
As the semester keeps moving along, the closer I get to graduating in May from UT. I want to spend my time here in Straya wisely and have fun doing incredible things with everyone on the program. Unfortunately, the real world is approaching for me at a very fast pace, but I can’t imagine spending my last semester anywhere else. Here’s to all my fellow CCI Global Scholars helping me make my last semester of undergrad my greatest semester so far. I can’t wait to see where 2018 takes each and every one of us!
xoxo,

Cheyenne

No comments:

Post a Comment