Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Pursuing the Best Outcome




This last week, I began to miss more and more about home and the United States. While Australia has many similarities to the US, there are just as many differences, a lot of which I began to recognize this past week. I started to really miss my family, friends, and hot wings. Most Australians do not even know what wings are, which I still can't believe. However, last week I had an experience that allowed me to deal with everything that I missed and continue my journey of learning and exploring in this amazing place.

Last week, I was able to attend a church service at a nearby church called Hillsong. During my time at Hillsong, I was able to meet many great people and was treated incredibly by everyone I met. While meeting these people was great, this is not what made my experience at Hillsong so incredible. The pastor's message really connected with me and helped me during a time in which I was missing home.  Preaching about how to deal with being faint or weak, the pastor stated, "Faint yet pursuing, your resolve in pursuing determines your outcomes." These words really made me think. While I may miss home, I must continue to pursue the outcome that I came here for. 


Due to my experience at Hillsong, this last week was another great week. I had the opportunity to celebrate Australia Day on Friday and witness fireworks in the Sydney Harbor, which was an experience that I will never forget. Saturday I spent the day with friends on Bondi Beach, while Sunday I had the opportunity to see the US beat FIJI in Rugby. I was also able to make my own buffalo wings. While I miss certain aspects of home, I must remember to continue to pursue for the best possible outcome, of this so far incredible journey. I look forward to many more weeks of persevering in this similar, yet different country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment