Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Camping 101

This past weekend I slept in a tent for the first time. A TENT PEOPLE. Anyone that knows me well enough, knows I would most likely not be caught dead in a tent even in my own backyard. I am not going to lie; I was very skeptical about the tent, especially since it is summer time here in Sydney. Plot twist: I actually had the greatest time!!! (This is when everyone actually has no idea who I am anymore.) So you are probably wondering - why the heck was I sleeping in a tent when we just got to Sydney. So I spent January 25-27th on Cockatoo Island at a Christian conference through Hillsong Church. One of my dearest friends, Matlyn, invited me to go, and I brought along my roommate, Katelyn, and one other friend, Hannah, for the weekend. The conference involved a lot of worshipping, smelling bad, awesome fellowship, Christian speakers, some more sweating, and some of the greatest memories. I met some of the coolest people and got to spend some extra time with God. What more can you ask for?!?!!?
            I think tents and I definitely have a love hate relationship but baby steps are being taken. Furthermore, this will not be my last excursion involving camping while in Sydney. Australian Surf Tours are up next. Stay tuned for Camping 201!

Until next time,
Cheyenne 

No comments:

Post a Comment