Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Aimed Stumbling

          I just saw Fifty Shades Freed, and boy are my arms tired! Don't worry, this post won't be about that movie-

          Does anyone in Hollywood actually know how publishing companies work?

         -but that's just a precursor to the larger adventure I had on Valentine's Day. With what I understand to be the current go-to theater on Broadway sold out, Sarah and I had to quickly make our way 30 minutes across Sydney to catch the latest showing of the movie-

          There's a scene in the movie where the two main characters argue about the concept of an email address.

          -in a completely unfamiliar part of town. Again, at night. Less than ideal, right? Before we even got on the bus, both of our respective GPS's (GPSs? GPSesses? GPI?) were sending on two different routes, and, once we finally settled on a bus to take, it mysteriously disappeared from the map. So we had to reroute... and reroute... and reroute again. At one point, I had secretly given up on ever catching a showing-

          A character gets sent to the hospital after being kicked kind of hard one time.

          -and had resigned myself to have to come up with a back up plan on the fly- BUT OH WAIT THERE'S THE ORIGINAL BUS THAT DISAPPEARED FROM THE MAP! Shrugging at what could either be taken as a technological glitch or a sign from above, we got on and were whisked away to.... somewhere?

         Just gotta jump in real quick here and throw out that, for some ungodly reason, the producers of Fifty Shades Freed decided there should be an after credits scene. Eat your heart out, Marvel. 

          Once we got off our nightmare bus, we found ourselves in a part of town where street lights seemingly hadn't been invented yet. It was dark, it was weirdly forested, and I've seen too many horror movies. 

          Speaking of horror movies, have you seen Fifty Shades Freed?

          As we followed the GPS (choosing to trust it one last time), I couldn't help but wonder, "What's it like to be stabbed?"

          I figured this out about two hours later when the credits rolled.

          Soon, though, my GPS came through, and we found ourselves in an entertainment wonderland aptly named "Entertainment Quarter." There was a bowling alley, cool restaurants, and apparently the backlot for Fox Studios Australia(?)! It was such a delightful detour, and the theater (my first in the country) was incredibly nice. I'm a sucker for all that Hollywood-esque stuff, and (kind of) randomly stumbling upon it was such a welcome surprise.



          Anyway, Fifty Shades Freed was bad, and I'd see it again in a heartbeat.










Fort Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment