Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Feeling #Blessed

As I was struggling to come up with something to blog about, I realized how thankful I was to be here. I know I have already said that in my last few posts, but seriously, this semester far surpasses my past semesters at UTK. Fall semester 2017 (the most recent) I was feeling anxious to come here, wondering what it would be like, worrying about traveling so far by myself, who I would hang out with, and budgeting. Fall semester was also the hardest thing I have had to conquer in a long time. I was taking a very time-demanding set of courses (Accounting in particular) , working 15 hours a week at my job, babysitting whenever I could squeeze it in, and living in a sorority house with fifty other girls (which is a blessing and a curse due to distractions). Halfway through the semester, I had a friend pass away from a rock climbing accident, and two days later my grandfather passed away. After loads of heartache, I was just surviving and trying to make it to Christmas break. I am not trying to explain a sob story, but what I am trying to explain is that being in Sydney for three weeks so far really has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I am starting to feel and act like my goofy self more than I ever was last semester. I have smiled and laughed every single day, which I would have killed for first semester. I have made incredible friends and memories that will last a lifetime. This all hit me last weekend at Hillsong Church, when the message explained that God's blessings have so much meaning. I truly believe that all of the recent heartache was to show that His plans are bigger than mine and that he is using me for his glory. I mean this place is BEAUTIFUL and every time I walk by the Sydney harbour I know He is watching me and has plans for me. I am not even homesick yet, which is crazy to think about. I do, however, miss seeing my family and friends , and most importantly, I miss my car. But how could I wish to go home when I live in a place like this with the most amazing people? To sum things up, I am seriously just feeling #blessed. I am not just merely surviving like I was last semester, but I am thriving and I could not be more thankful.

Cheers,
Liza















No comments:

Post a Comment