Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Best Life

Perhaps the toughest thing I've come to terms with is the fact that I've already had the pleasure of living in Australia for one whole month. This is insane for me to even write right now because it feels like I've only been here a few days. I'm constantly shown and reminded of the beauty and curiosity that is this place and I can't believe the immense impression it has had on me without me even noticing.

I really feel as if I am in a transitional time in my life. Not only is the program transitioning from school to internship, but I can feel myself becoming a severe and completely me version of myself, which is something I haven't felt in a while. Everything feels just right today and I am in such happy anticipation of what is to come. 

That's not to say that I have forgotten about home, or that I don't miss it. Just this weekend I was reminded of Tennessee when we took a trip into the Blue Mountains. Parts of the area truly reminded me of the Smokies, and I remember thinking to myself how bewildering it is to be on the other side of the world, in a place so awestrikingly beautiful, standing in such a mellifluous silence, thinking it almost looks like home. There is so much to see on this planet, and with each sight and experience, one can see home, no matter how far away they may be, and I think there's such an ineffable beauty to that.

Overall, I really can't even put my experiences and feelings in regards to this first month in Sydney into words, and I can't imagine the hiraeth I will experience upon my return home. Waking up every morning knowing it's going to be a lovely day is a gift unlike any other. I'm at such a happy and peaceful state, almost dreamlike, and I really couldn't be more thankful for this past month. The people, sights, sounds, tastes, and feelings have been unmatched, and I can hardly wait to see what the future has in store.

The Blue Mountains:

 The Three Daughters

 Wentworth Falls

Wentworth Falls








Some Highlights from Month #1 in Oz

My first sight of wild 'roos!
 First day in Sydney. It was so surreal seeing this city for the first time after looking at pictures of it for so long!

 Watson's Bay


Australia Day 

 Sunny days at Bondi


In case you're interested in seeing more my experience, follow my instagram: @xtinakill32 or my photography account: @stinas_lens 

No comments:

Post a Comment