Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Bucket List: Ticking Off Every Day

Coming to Australia, I didn’t really have much of a bucket list of what I wanted to do. I mean, my main goal was to just get to Australia whatever the means.

So, I guess I can check that off the list. But what now?

I’ve been here for about three weeks now and we’ve done so much from seeing the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, going to the Museum of Contemporary Art, hiking two coastal walks from Coogee to Bondi and then Spit to Manly, seeing all the different animals in the Taronga Zoo, I pet a Kangaroo (which I never planned on, but life is full of surprises), tasted amazing coffee, ate some amazing Thai Fried Rice, and attended school at the University of Sydney. There’s plenty more that I’ve done, but those are a few key ones. Thanks to ISA, my last three weeks have been full of exploring, but soon we won’t have as many excursions planned for us, so I'll have more free time to do what I would like to do.

So, aside from the planned excursions from ISA, I don’t really have much of a bucket list of what I want to see and do in Australia. Having talked a little in class about having a bucket list to start crossing off stuff so that when I go home I have that sense of accomplishment got me thinking: What do I want to do or see or eat while here in Australia?

I spent some time coming up with a list and my plan is to try something new each day that I’m here. I mean, this is a once in a lifetime chance and there’s so much to do and see that I don’t want to waste a single minute of it.

Some of the new items on my list include: going to Luna Park, Scuba diving/snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, hold a koala (I will not leave Australia until I hold one), do one of those historical ghost tours in The Rocks, try an ice-cream coffee finally, and going to Milk Beach to grab an ice-cream off the ice-cream boat that swims up to shore.  

If you’re thinking of doing this program, take the next few months to make a bucket list and also some goals that you want to accomplish so that when you get here, you know what you want to see and do. That way, you can start crossing off items from that list early and when you leave to go home, you can look back and feel satisfied.


Today marks a new day to do something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment