Wednesday, February 14, 2018

From a girl who doesn't have girl friends

I've never been good with girls. I know, as a female who enjoys everything "girly" I've just never been able to understand, let alone befriend other girls. Thus, when I realized that I would be living abroad with 15 other girls for three whole months, I got a little anxious. I barely even knew two other people on the trip, so on top of moving to another country half a world away, I was going with strangers. Well, it has been just over three weeks, and I can already say I am so grateful for the new friends I've made - and yes, they're girls. 



From seeing "The Post" to a Galentine's Day brunch to comforting me on my worst days and laughing way too loud in the kitchen, every single person on this trip has been so accepting and caring. It's amazing to share the same experience with such talented, interesting, and empowering people who I honestly aspire to be like. It's not just the wonderful women on this trip either. I have to thank all the helpful Aussies I have encountered throughout my experience so far from our ferry godmother at Manly to a Vietnamese lady at Paddy's Market who convinced me to buy the world's best mangos.

We were told that this trip would change our perspective on the world, but I never thought it would change my personal outlook and attitude. I've learned to appreciate and be open-minded to other people, including those who are even like me. I'm so excited to see where this trip leads me and can't wait to keep being inspired by everyone and everything around me!

Many thanks,
Allie

p.s. I can't forget the guys (Joe, J.J., Cal, and Ryan) who always look out for us and provide a good laugh; you're pretty great too!




No comments:

Post a Comment