Sunday, February 4, 2018

Silver Linings

Another incredible week has passed in Sydney! It seems that my happiness can only increase throughout this experience, even when there are some hiccups!

As we had such a busy week this week, I had already pictured Sunday in my mind as a lazy beach day. It was the light at the end of the tunnel that was the sleep deprived week I had just tackled. Things, however, did not exactly go according to plan. I spent the morning planning my trip to New Zealand, which is not a smart thing to do las minute. Accommodations were slim, so we were utterly stressed out while putting together the puzzle of our trip. After we figured everything out, we finally decided it was time to hit the beach. Sights were set on Coogee beach, because it was close, beautiful, and a change of scenery from our usual Bondi explorations. We hopped on the bus and began to make our way there. 20 minutes into the bus ride, we realised we had been going the complete opposite direction we needed to be going in. We got off the bus as soon as possible, in the middle of a part of outer Sydney none of us had ever seen. The next bus to take us back to Sydney wouldn’t be coming for another 30 minutes. Tensions were high and I wondered if this day was cursed and if I should just call it a day and go home. The plan was changed, and we decided to just head to Bondi to save time. After 2 hours of travel, we were finally at the beach and the relaxation could begin.

After all the stress that occurred along the way, this ended up being the best day at the beach I have had so far. The weather was ideal and I got in some much needed naps. All of the negativity and stress just melted away- and I think that’s what travel is, and life as well. When we make plans, God laughs. Nothing plays out exactly as we have foreseen it, but the outcome of any rough situation can be such a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment