Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Beloved Tim Tam


The first portion of this study abroad program is coming to an end. As I am reflecting on the time spent here so far, I realize that I have eaten too many Tim Tams. They are so delicious and it’s a problem. Thankfully, it is also the beginning of the lent season. I came here for multiple reasons- to get good international work experience, to become more culturally adept, and to learn about myself. The internship portion is about to begin, so I will be gaining new skills and new experiences. I am constantly immersed in the Australian culture, so broadening my horizons hasn’t stopped since I have been here and it wont end any time soon. Every day I am faced with something new to challenge myself and learn how to deal with it, so I am constantly learning about myself. And also just about every, I am faced with a new sleeve of Tim Tams. I did learn a new skill from it, the Tim Tam Slam. I would consider myself a bit of an expert on it. So I have learned about myself, but learning that I can slam a sleeve of Tim Tams every night is not something I am particularly excited about. So, its time to face myself with yet another new challenge. This lent season, I will be giving up Tim Tams. I expect to learn a lot about myself in this time of stress and withdrawal. Goodbye, Tim Tams.

No comments:

Post a Comment